Wednesday, December 31, 2008

I thought I'd post this picture just to alert visitors to this cool treehouse slide show I found online. Just to the right in "what I've been reading" links:

Lately I've been reading about Pyrolysis which is basicly a way of breaking down organic material that is carbon neutral at least and actually carbon negative at best. Yes, for all you green people out there even your compost off-gases (less with worms).
Many gardeners are already into this technology in the form of "bio-char" My link to the right takes you to a project where they are trying to make fossil fuels with rubber and plastics...I ran this by my friend Eddie Bernard a glass-blower and equipment builder who runs his glass studio off chicken poop
The doggie is from his site...
He mentioned "gasification" which is when you drop a piece of paper in a glass bubble you've just blown. The bubble is still quite hot so the paper combusts with a curious effect: because of lack of oxygen gas is released through the opening..


It is really winter here now, and I find myself doing what I did last year at this time: researching plants and planning gardens. It's a nice time since you cant do anything else...well, snowshoeing.

No comments: